Saturday, August 4, 2012

Words on Fire: Love Poems 1



Over the past fifty-five years, I have written hundreds of poems and never tried to publish one of them. Until now they were a part of my personal treasure chest of gifts. I wrote for personal friends, lovers, partners and sometimes for only myself. This blog is my opportunity to "publish" them. You will find my poems included in many of my posts and many posts that are specifically designed to share my poetry. This is the first!

If some of my poems have meaning for or speak to you, you may use them to communicate a personal feeling or to express your love to another. However, please give the credit where credit is due and provide my name as the author.

So, be patient with my many poetic posts for it may take many of them to share just some of my poems. I have many to share and many are powerful expressions of the human spirit. Enjoy!


my heart on fire
October, 1994

if I haven't told you lately I love you
let me tell you now
oh, I know I should have said it more often
with gift and word
but look at me now
deep in my eyes filled with fresh new love
touch my face
warm to the glow
can you feel the heat
i smile from my heart
that beats an extra count
one for you
one for me
staying attuned to you always


you/me=one/us
December, 1994

i know your words
i feel your thoughts
i understand
i always have

your words never discourage me
your thoughts always encourage me
we are together
we always have been

our words are the same
our thoughts are the same
we belong together
we always have


complete
March, 1993

you either know or...
it is or...
no questions
no doubts
nothing else matters or...
it is the answer or...
final
eternal
before, now
again and again
unbending
forever
whole
complete


a special place for you
 May, 1994

to not think of you is easy
when I need to think of something else
and have to put you out of my mind
i slip into my heart
where you're held silently
feeling the joy of you
no distraction are you

since when has a contended heart
been distracted from getting things done?

since when has a contended heart
been distracted from getting things done?



I Go Where You Go
January, 1995

My path is your path.
My destination is your destination.
My dream is your dream.
My vision is your vision.
My home is your home.
My destiny is your destiny.
My peace is your peace.
My joy is your joy.
My passion is your passion.
My being is your being.
My smile is your smile.
My heart is your heart.
My comfort is your comfort.
My warmth is your warmth.
My work is your work.
My play is your play.
My dance is your dance.
My song is your song.

You go where I go.

Your path is my path.
Your destination is my destination.
Your dream is my dream.
Your vision is my vision.
Your home is my home.
Your destiny is my destiny.
Your peace is my peace.
Your joy is my joy.
Your passion is my passion.
Your being is my being.
Your smile is my smile.
Your heart is my heart.
Your comfort is my comfort.
Your warmth is my warmth.
Your work is my work.
Your play is my play.
Your dance is my dance.
Your song is my song.

We go where we go, together as one.


 

The Heart of Heaven
February, 1996

In the center at the core
Love moves.
Within throughout
Love fills.

With you because of you
I know this feeling.
I experience bliss beyond
This earth like Heaven.
















No comments:

Post a Comment