Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Living on the edge...


Note: This was photographed from our "rock" in May, 2012

Living on the edge has some real advantages as well as a few challenges.When you live on the edge you have a view of life unlike the majority of others who live the "normal" life. Living on the edge simply means that you challenge yourself to go further; to reach higher; be break free of restraints; to be unique and to take risks that you (and most others) would rather not take. When you live on the edge you must trust the process and have faith that you will not only be safe but that you will experience meaningful moments to help you on your journey through this life.


    Note: This photo was taken from our deck in June, 2012. In the center of the picture, Mr. Coyote is getting a nice drink.   

Living on the edge is an adventure. There can be dangers. It is important that you pay attention to everything and everyone around you. Be aware! Be calm and be confident.

Note: We live on the edge of the National Forest and many creatures share our space with us. This photo was taken in July, 2012.


When you live on the edge you have experiences that others who are not risk takers are not able to enjoy. There are surprises and challenges every day. Mother Nature strongly influences the area where we live. There is beauty, serenity, wild creatures of all kinds and constant exposure to the elements e.g. wind, sun, snow, and fire as shown by the following pictures.                                             
 
        Note: I took this photo in March of 2012.         
Note: I took this photo 8/14/12 looking out at the 3500 acre Buck Fire (7 miles away).  
I choose to be and to go where few others choose to be or to go. By being a risk-taker, I have had experiences that I could never duplicate, explain or describe. I choose not to live in fear of the unknown and, as I have stated many times, I choose to follow my heart and my heart leads me to the beautiful and unforgettable. There are those who choose to live life in a closet, which granted, seems like a pretty safe place but their description of living is confined, restricted and diminished. Change is made by those who discover the alternative to the norm. I am ever changing (and growing); I am not stuck in the main stream of life. I choose to live on the edge with purpose and intent. The journey is my reward.
                               























No comments:

Post a Comment