Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beyond Sunrises and Sunsets

 One of my favorite lines from any song is taken from the song If I Needed You by Townes Van Zandt :

“Well, in the night forlorn, oh, the morning's born; and the morning shines with the lights of love; and you will miss sunrise, if you close your eyes, and that would break my heart in two.”

I also know that in the face of death, I would ask for one more sunrise. I wrote the following poem to explain why one more sunrise is so important to me.  

 Out of the Darkness: Sunrise
September, 2012

I feel the darkness of fading days
Yet, I seek the light and the warmth of the sun’s kind rays
Just one more sunrise; just one more or maybe a few
Just another chance for another view
When morning breaks at first dawn
My spirit arises and my heart beats on
Another day, another chance to live and to be
I sense the dawn and another chance to see
The sunrise calls life anew
All life responds as if it knew
Life goes on and hope springs forth
The new day brings the sweetest birth
Sunrise gives us the chance to be reborn
It is the song of the early morn
Even if clouds seem to surround you
Remember, the sun is always warm and the sky is always blue.
So, I ask the Universe once again
For one more sunrise to be my friend.


In recent years I have photographed many sunrises and sunsets. I have included a number of them (but far from all of them) in this post. Nature photography is usually a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I took all of these photos using my IPhone.

Enjoy the view! If you wish to use any of these photographs you may, however, please site the source.







No comments:

Post a Comment