Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Be Unique! Live on the Edge

Note: This is my son, Tom Riggins, a world champion Powder 8 skier, doing one of the things that he loves to do.

The following message is one that I channeled (conveyed in different ways; at different times) to my two sons early in their lives. It is also the message that I have passed on to many of my former students. The intent, in each situation, was to inspire both my children and my students to be unique and to be the very best person possible. Perhaps, the words of this message will inspire others as well.

Be unique. Be strong. Be your heart. Trust your heart. Believe in yourself. Go anywhere. Be anything. Love what you do. Love who you are. Love all things. Be a player. Inspire.

Be one of a kind. Be original. Live on the edge. Be confident. Full speed ahead. Peddle to the metal. No looking back. Show the way. Be there. Go beyond. Be change. Be brave. Get back up. Share.

Be yourself. Take chances. Be willing to risk. No fear. Respect everything and everybody. Play to win. Finish. Lead the pack. Go where others fear to go. Just do it. No regrets. Dare.

Go beyond normal. Model edginess. Discover what others will not know.  Accept the challenge. Go deep. Follow your dreams. Intend. Have vision. See within. See beyond. Go beyond. Be safe.  

In retrospect, my two sons have gotten my message. They have excelled with most areas of the message, meant to offer inspiration and challenge. They are now in their fifties and going strong...living on the edge.

Like them, I trust that  many of my former students have done the same or, better yet, are doing the same.

True, the words are full of risk, challenge, danger and opportunity. If incorporated into one's life, they will bring satisfaction, excitement, challenge, success, happiness and many great memories.

Just remember, everyone: be smart; use your head; follow your heart!

Note: This my other son, Tim, on the right, and on top of the world. He has gone far in his lifetime! Journey on, Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment